Well in typical Lindsey fashion, I was excited, focused and dedicated to starting my blog and launching my freelance writing business.
Well…. life happened.
Not even thrilling, work-stopping life, just everyday run of the mill life where I lost my focus and just felt frustrated with myself.
But not anymore. I have decided 2018 will be my year to stay on top of my goals and stick to the plan I set out waaaaay back when I left my part-time fundraising position to work from home.
I’ll be playing a little bit of catch up, but for now, here is a list of my top five favourite time wasters. Apparently, I have been partaking in these a little too much.
- Real Housewives of Anything – My lovely sister Rebecca has been a HUGE fan of the Real Housewives series for a long time. Occasionally (while making fun of it), I would watch it with her…but when I stopped working I could not stop watching. Real Housewives of Orange County and Dallas are my never miss ladies.
- Podcasts – When I first started listening to Podcasts, it was only the self-help, motivating kind. They gave you solid advice and made you want toaccomplish your goals. Then? I started listening to way more exciting podcasts like Small Town Murder and Crime in Sports. Now, I can’t work because it’s too hilarious AND I am busy looking up these places and the disturbing details of the crimes. I don’t regret it at all.
- Homesense and Winners –It is no secret I like to shop. Online shop, grocery shop, basically spending money is the hobby that takes up most of my time. But the shopping I love the most is wandering around Homesense and Winners looking for things I do not need. I cannot think of a better way to spend my time.
- Netflix Reruns –The Office, The Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine- how is anyone supposed to work when you could be watching this type of high quality (entirely not fake) drama? It doesn’t matter that I could recite some episodes line for line. Not to mention I had to binge watch The Crown.
- The Internet –Ahhh Facebook and Instagram, the perfect way to waste hours and hours- throw in Pinterest, Amazon and Etsy? You have yourself a lost day, or week or month.
Here’s to starting the new year in February, I’m looking forward to writing more blog posts about where we have been and the exciting plans we have for 2018.
p.s. One thing I have finished this month is my new freelance website. It’s a work in progress, but you can check it out here.